Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ALL YOU Challenge Wrap up

So, there's been no announcement on who won the challenge but it has been very cool to be a finalist. Like so much of life, the excitement is waning and I'm on to new and pressing tasks. Like canning.

I looked out my window this morning and noticed that 80% of the tomatoes are ripe.

Woohoo

I'm trying to remember that I love the actual process of canning, and I *definitely* love the results. But the thought of going out there was more than I could consider without my first cup of coffee.

Besides, it's Tuesday. I have to work the rest of the week. The grass needs mowing. The corn is ready too. (Don't even get me started about the zucchini) And I've already lost a few cukes, one cantaloupe and a sugar baby watermelon.

I need a vacation so I can get it all done. And my long weekend is 10 days away.

Wow, I'm whining. I'm doing that thing I hate other people doing. That thing I'm so smug about when I'm hanging clothes on the line or watering the garden with collected rainwater. "I don't whine, I just get it done" I tell myself while I'm lugging the baskets around or rearranging the shelves to hold this year's preserved harvest.

SO, I'm gonna quit whining and tell you that I found a great recipe for zucchini pineapple and zucchini cream that tastes like lemon curd. And I finally bought a new gauge for my pressure canner so I can do canned beans this year.

And I'm gonna tell you that being a finalist in the All You Challenge is still pretty darn exciting!

No comments: